Research and ongoing experimentation will be the unifying thread between all the initiatives envisaged in the Pontis project.
- agriculture with the selection of seeds and animals, biodiversity care, environmental requalification, wastewater recovery and responsible consumption of water and energy resources;
- Bio-architecture and Raw Earth Architecture under the guidance of the University of Cagliari;
- pedagogy connected to agriculture;
- social therapy;
- the regeneration and conservation of the environment (reforestation and re-naturalization);
- communication and social processes.
The two main macro areas of research activity
In the phase of the farm settlement
We are meant to create a center for applied research and reproduction of seeds, also encouraging the recovery, conservation and development of Sardinian biodiversity, in collaboration with German partners, Regional Authorities, the local University, local and European companies.
During the recovery / restoration of the compendium,
the collaboration started some years ago with new graduate students in architecture, researchers and professors of the University of Architecture of Cagliari will give the possibility to experiment new techniques for the containment of energy expenses (insulating products with local natural materials, such as cane, sedge (carex), straw, …). The new materials will be experimentally produced and monitored over a period of time, seeking the collaboration of other university departments and research institutions.